Buran Nalgarra

Strength and Learning Through Togetherness
Kindlehill Senior School

Hello Rain

April 11, 2024

Hello Rain

Hello Rain, here another day. Long gone are the white fluffy clouds stretching out their fingers across the sky, gliding and glittering past the sun. Here comes booming, the dark foreboding mountains with their peaks blocking the sun’s watchful gaze.

With a crack of a whip and a flash of lightning, you make yourself known, you bring with you wind strong enough to lift a man off his feet. You can destroy, you can devastate, but you can also create. You bring life and sustenance to all seeking water.

Are you as bad as some people say or are they forgetting to work with you, not against you?

Beau

Hello Rain

Your water runs down my back and slushes in my socks

makes the birds squawk and snap

the dogs bark and bite

you make the rivers 30 times their size and flood;

you make the clouds go from a cotton candy pink to black and act like a child having a tantrum -

why are you like this?

Rose

Hello Rain

How are you? Oh, you’re sad, how come? Honey, I am so sorry. May I request something to try and cheer you up. I really think you need it since you’re dealing with such a hormonal teenager. Don’t take anything those people say to heart. They don’t mean it. What I want to request for you is a song, it’s called, “I miss me more”. It’s a good old country song, who doesn’t like county when they are down? It always cheers me up. Now with all this crying, you’re filling people’s shoes with water, and it’s hard to dry them out.

Piper

In the end of term student review, they identified that we successfully “unsettled” the story of separation, to find connectedness and inter-relationship everywhere; and across the Geography, Society and Culture, and English courses that were integrated into our Transdisciplinary theme: Stories that Change Hearts and Minds. The students spoke of taking the learning from this term out into their everyday lives, and it turning up in force, especially when bigger or different perspective are needed.

The Hello rains was a playful response to some big rains, the question of connectedness is now naturally arising in their writing and conversation.

Lynn

Lynn Daniel

Lynn Daniel

Assistant Principal and High School Coordinator
Kindlehill School